Superintendent - Forestry Operations
Temps plein • Hearst Région
About Rayonier Advanced Materials
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues. More information is available at https://www.rayonieram.com.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
Superintendent, Forestry Operations (permanent)
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Plan, organize and supervise the harvest operations for the Kapuskasing, Opasatika and Hearst Divisions, ensuring quality work with a view to supplying the mills in accordance with corporate objectives while maintaining a cost-effective manner.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Lead a motivated, efficient and engaged harvest team of direct reports and provide career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to ensure maximum performance.
- Provide direction to operations supervisors, conferring with customers, consultants, contractors or suppliers.
- Negotiate harvesting contracts with internal and external contacts as required.
- Negotiate harvesting areas with sustainable forest license shareholders.
- Support compliance with collective agreements and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Maintain a communications program to keep your team informed.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport between labour, customer, outside agencies, other users and management.
- Report to General Manager – Forest Management, Northern Ontario West.
- Participate in short term and mid-term planning pertaining to budget requirements, staff selection and projects to be undertaken.
- Prepare and develop harvest budgets, authorize expenditures, review and analyze financial reports and take appropriate actions.
- Coordinate the activities of the Woodlands operation to maintain production targets, quality of wood product and wood supply for the Kapuskasing and Hearst Sawmills.
- Prepare harvest schedules, production statements and forecasts.
- Responsible for investigations and reports such as cost estimates, harvest studies, unusual trouble analysis, etc.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and Regulations.
- Report and explain deviations from planned activities.
- Recommend change/improvements to all operations of Northern Ontario West to the General Manager.
- Operations Supervisors (4)
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: College diploma or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience: Must have 5 plus years in a similar role.
- Bilingual: An asset