Community Support Worker
Temps partiel • Hearst Région
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking Community Support Workers.
Within the Community Health and Wellness – Community Support Services program and under the direction of the Care Coordinators, the CSW is responsible to provide care and support to
seniors allowing them to stay in their homes.
· Provide personal assistance and care to clients
· Light housekeeping
· Meal preparation
· Perform other duties as required
This is a general overview of the position and other duties may be added per Canadian Red Cross and Assisted Living Policies and Procedures.
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused. The incumbent must have certification as a Personal Support Worker or Development Service Workers. Other skills, abilities and assets include:
· Must own a licensed and insured vehicle
· Demonstrates fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team:
· Carries out tasks, accepts assignments, completes assignments
· Time Management skills – plan work load, balances multiple demands on time
· Follows Care Plan
· Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
· Acknowledges limitations, keeps within role and knowledge base (scope of practice)
· Demonstrates acceptable work habits:
· Dependable, punctual
· Able to manage stress
· Accepts suggestions
· Interacts well with others
· Maintains professional appearance
· Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross
The work is principally performed in the residencies of the clients where conditions may vary, located in Hearst. The position reports to the Timmins & district branch of the Canadian Red Cross. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice. We offer a competitive salary. There are part-time and casual positions available.
Please forward resumé to email@example.com